Monday, May 18, 2009

Closing Up

Woo! We're almost there! Emerald City is over, soccer season is over (for now), finals are the next couple days, and the last day of school is Friday. These are the times when I really envy Chloe. I have "I-want-to-be-done-with-schoolitis".. and Chloe actually gets to do that!! She graduates Wednesday, which makes one heck of a busy week. With her graduation, and graduation party, and with family coming into town, studying for finals, trying to keep the house clean AND fixing the basement, after our recent flood, before Saturday; we're pretty much going to be on our toes all week.



A FEW PAST AND FUTURE HIGHLIGHTS! :

One: As I mentioned before, Emerald City was last Thursday and it was hit.. for the most part. In the beginning of the show I sang a duet with my friend Elaina Parker (we sang "For Good" from Wicked) and, unfortunately, while we were singing, the mics went out. So basically, all the audience could hear/see was the pit playing beautifully with Elaina and I mouthing the words. It was kind of bummer but we continued on and tried our best with the rest of our performances throughout the night.


Two: I had the opportunity to go watch Bridger in her dance recital Saturday. And.. I'm not going to lie.. she shocked me! Anytime I see Bridger dance she seems too little and awkward to dance in a hip hop class with other girls her age. Boy did she prove me wrong.

She did awesome!

Three: In some ways this is a highlight.. but as I said, my soccer season is finished. I hope that I get to play in the 6 on 6 teams for Staley this summer, but other than that it's pretty much swimming and running for now.

Four: My aunt Kristen comes into town today with my cousins Lydia, Otto, and Olin! They are only a few minutes away and I'm so excited! Then my Grandma and Grandpa Kanenwisher come into town later tonight! :)

Five: Today is Chloe's 18th birthday!.. Not much of a highlight for ME, for her yes, but not for me. Just makes me realize how much closer she is leaving..

Six: Speaking of leaving, Oak Park's graduation is Wednesday. Hopefully that will be more of a highlight then not.

Seven: I don't exactly know if I'm supposed to tell.. but next week when my aunt Kristen and her kids leave.. I'm going with them! It's going to be so much fun!.. Of course I have to come back for girls camp.. :( .. but I'll try to make the most of it!

Love, Hunter Bug

Ps. Congradulations Class of '09! Especially those from my ward who attended Smithville High and Oak Park High. Megan would be proud of you! :)

1 comment:

G-rated comments are welcome. If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all.