Monday, June 1, 2009

The Beautiful State of Montana

I don't think there is a word to describe Montana. Beautiful doesn't do it justice. Open is a pretty good one. Laid-back is a good one too. But what I do know is that it is full of memories, family, love, horses, mountains, etc. PERFECT for me. I thank Kris soo much for allowing me to travel with her and her kids across the country so that I could dwell in this superb state. It has been the perfect place to sit back and think/clear my head.

I have spent most of my time with my cousins, Spencer, Jackson, Collin, and Beau, and also with some old friends, Zander, Adam, and Alyssa Smith. We have gone swimming, bike riding, and four-wheeling (apparently four-wheeling in trucks is a big thing.. at least with the 6 boys listed above). Now there are some things that you have to understand about the activities I have mentioned. Swimming here is not done in a pool... Nor a lake (due to extremely cold temperatures of the water in the lakes) though they do have both. Swimming here is done in ponds in peoples' yards. So you know when you are driving down a country road and you see big ponds in peoples' yards.. yeah.. they are a lot deeper and warmer than you think they are. (I told my mom this and I think I almost made her puke :) ) Bike riding, eh... pretty much the same everywhere. As for four-wheeling in trucks. Not the safest of activities, and trust me, had I actually KNOWN that we were going four-wheeling in a 3 passenger truck (which was full, with two passengers in the bed of the truck) there would have been no way in h-e-double hockey sticks that I would have gotten in. You see, what I mean by "if I had known we were going four-wheeling", I mean just that. I HAD NO IDEA! To my knowledge, we were putting out the hay for the horses.. which we did in fact do. But the boys also thought it would be funny to go their usual four-wheeling route in the fields.. WITHOUT TELLING ME. Great fun.. huh? Could be, if you are in a vehicle to handle that kind of action. But nonetheless, they still made it fun for me.

Though I am having fun, I still miss my family back home. I wish we could all be so much closer so we could see each other more often. But gosh darnit, good old Missouri is home. And I love it there!

Coming home Thursday. And then girl's camp starts up Monday! And the good think about that is.. I am a YCL for the 4th years!! So I still get to be with some of my favorite young women from my ward. :) And we are going back-packing for the 4th year trip, which is awesome in itself. :)

Love, Hunter Bug

2 comments:

  1. Oh Hunter! It sounds like you are in my heaven! 4 wheelin in trucks is something we do here in missouri too...back in the day...
    Have a fab time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie came by last night to hang out for awhile. She really misses you.
    I hope you are having a ton of fun there. I know you are in heaven with all the outdoor stuff there is to do. The 4wheeling cracks me up. I guess you are too young to remember us taking you out for that when we lived there. Of course, I don't know if we were as crazy as your friends and cousins!
    We miss you and can't wait until you get home...two more days. Make the most of it!!

    ReplyDelete

G-rated comments are welcome. If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all.