Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hunter's Review



Last night at mutual all we could talk about was how the midnight showing of Transformers was in 4 hours.. or 3 hours.. or whatever. Somehow landed myself a ticket with a few of the youth from my ward and right after mutual we all headed over to AMC theaters. But BEFORE we left I ran into one of my old young women's leaders (though she is the FURTHEST thing from old) and she told me to check it out for her 11 year old son.. you know, see if it's "kid" appropriate. Well, for all of those who are thinking the same thing, I have a review right up front for ya.

When I got my ticket, I was kind of surprised that it said the movie was rated PG.. I don't know if it was a misprint or if they were just being sneaky and wanting to sell more tickets because the rating shows that Transformers is "kid" appropriate. DO NOT BE FOOLED! If I had an 11 year old son, I would hold off on letting him watching it.. But I guess that depends on your view of what they can and cannot see. Don' get me wrong.. Transformers was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! My mom and I talked one time about how we love listening to it while we are in the car.. just because whenever the robots transform it is the coolest sound ever! Trust me.. it's gotten better. It is pretty long, but I never noticed a dull moment in the movie. Tranformers is funny, the actors are all great and it definitely keeps you on the edge of you seat. I loved it!!!!!!!!!

Now, why do I think that it is not kid appropriate? I was ultimately shocked with the amount of cussing. There are a few suggestive parts that are questionable for an 11 year old (or younger) to see and it does show someones bare behind, but the cussing was definitely noticeable. ALL of us noticed it. And if a group of teenagers notices a lot of cussing in a movie supposedly rated PG.. there's gotta be something wrong with that. If you allow yourself to really get into it, some of the cussing kind of blends in with all of the other dialogue, because this kind of cussing is more often heard around us during the day. They threw a lot of cussing in there to try and spice up the more humorous spots, and though, yes, it did have us all laughing, there was a point where we all looked at each other and said "PG? Yeah right.".

I would recommend this for teenagers 15+ and Mommy Daddy date nights.

Hope you enjoy! It's a pretty good one!

Love, Hunter Bug

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reveiw! This is definatly on our list of movies to see, but it's always nice to know what to expect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! We wanted to take Otto (yes, he's seen the first one) after we saw it.

    We saw the proposal...there were a few "yeah right this is PG-13" moments as well. Wow.

    Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks !! I cannot wait to go see it!! Too bad about the cussing though. Why does the cussing seem "cool" these days?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I checked it out...it's PG-13...must have been a misprint on your ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was very awesome, but man...there was a TON of language and sexual content. I was so surprised! Stupid Michael Bay :[

    ReplyDelete

G-rated comments are welcome. If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all.