Friday, February 13, 2009

Closed

So we officially ended my little canned goods drive today. And I do have to say.. I cannot stop thinking about it. How worth it all the work was.. No matter how stressful or overwhelming at some points. And how happy, I'm sure, Megan is that I actually had the will power to get it done. But overall, I don't feel like it's complete yet. Like, this project isn't over and I still have more to do. Sure, I have to write down a couple things, sum up the project and everything I did, people involved, how many people donated, etc. But I really do feel like there are more cans to collect.. more smiles to put on peoples' faces.. More hours to put it. I think this is what service is supposed to feel like. Your never through helping others.. and doing all you can to.. Oh I don't, provide someone with a meal for them and their family. I think this is something that I want to continue doing. Maybe a few times a year.

And so, as they say.. When one door closes, another one opens.

Thank you to everybody that donated/helped with this drive. I'm sure if Megan were here to run this.. She would have done it 10 times better than me. Words cannot express how thankful I am for the opportunity I had to do this service in her honor. And I know she would have done it for me. :)


Love, Hunter Bug

Ps. SPEAKING OF DOORS OPENING!!!!!....

CONGRADULATIONS CHLOE LYNN KANENWISHER, Oak Park High School almost gradute.. and soon to be Freshman at.....

BYU PROVO!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. GRATZ TO CHLOE!!!!!!! :D

    I'm glad you enjoyed doing your project as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Megan is very proud of you and so happy where she is. And I know exactly what you mean by not ever feeling finished! Service is the best. =]

    I'm so happy for Chloe! That's wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete

G-rated comments are welcome. If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all.