Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back To School

Just as the title says.. We all went back to school today. WHAT A BUMMER!!!! Although it was nice to see friends, teachers, the disgusting coffee stain that my friend Reid left in the theater room... I wanted to be home so badly! And even though it's the first day back and so far I have no big assignments to get done, I still am feeling that huge weight of school work back on my shoulders. I think that maybe this has something to do with my sister leaving. The talk in our household has been all about COLLEGE and about Chloe finishing off her high school years with good grades and good choices. So I guess you could say... I've had college on the mind. And I don't exactly know whether it's a good or bad thing to have college on my mind already.... Well really, it isn't THAT far off.. but still.

Last night I was laying in my bed for what seems like an eternity! I just could not sleep! So I pulled out my journal and started writing. When I woke up this morning I had this written in there:

Around the leaf the little bug goes.
Where she goes...?
No body knows!
We bet she's off, again, to conquer her foes.
And avoid being stepped on by her foes big toes.
She knows nothing of fancy shoes or clothes,
Or nothing of presents with huge bows.
But she knows of the spider and the beautiful web she sews.
She also knows of the poor spider's woes.
The little bug takes the spider to a beautiful red rose,
And tries to impose,
That this spider can also conquer her foes.
The rose has no woes.
The rose has no foes.
Comfort will come to this spider, the little bug knows.
The spider now knows and ,again, a web she sews.
She now knows she can conquer her woes and foes.
And so around the leaf the little big goes.
Where she goes...?
No body knows!

When I woke up and read this I figured I was trying to get across that the little bug represented me.. But when I read it to my mom she said, " You know nothing of fancy shoes or clothes??". And yes! Of course I know alllll about fancy shoes and clothes! Take a look at my gorgeous sisters and mother... and dad. But if you ask any of my family members.. I'm sure they would be more then happy to tell you all about my wardrobe.. and how it usually consists of jeans and a t-shirt. Other than that- I guess you could say that I'm pretty happy with this one!

Tonight at Young Women's, we will be starting off on finishing Megan's personal progress for her. It's going to be such an honor working with the other girls in my ward, whom I love so much, and helping Megan finish off something that was so incredibly important to her. And I guess in a way, it'll be helping all of us too. :)

Love, Hunter Bug

5 comments:

  1. I meant...that the poem is you.
    I missed you while you were at school today too. I hate that you guys are gone. :(
    Time is flying by too fast.
    I think it will be a great experience for you girls to finish Megan's personal progress for her. She will love it and so will you.
    I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your poems. Keep them coming...Oh and I too much prefer the jeans and t-shirt...So much simpler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hunter
    I would be happy to help out with the Megan's program if you need it.
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you in jeans and t-shirts! You always look so sassy and cute! I am not just saying it to make you feel good, but I often look at you and hope that my girls can grow to be just like you - does it help that I call them Haley Bug and Sophie Bug?!? Perhaps there is something to the "bug" part of it :)

    Amazing that you guys are doing that for Megan - what a perfect way to honor her memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a tender gift to give Megan...in return yourselves. I hope you all find healing in your hearts as you work with her and the Lord in accomplishing her earthly goals!

    I heart you don't you knows...(sweet poem)

    ReplyDelete

G-rated comments are welcome. If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all.