Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Goods

I've got a few goodies for ya.

1. CANNED FOOD DRIVE! Since I am doing Megan's Good Works value project, my mom and I have come up with a canned food drive that will help feed 2500 families in Clay County, Missouri. I've started up on a flyer (though I haven't quite gotten all the information yet) and will be around soon with Sunfresh bags for cans! The cans that are donated will go directly to the store house, opened and run by the Benedictine Sisters of the Queen of Angels Monastery. I'll be taking donations up until February 13th, but I'll mostly be promoting that Valentine's Day week. It's going to take a lot of work.. but it'll be totally worth it! :)

2. Our set for the Wizard of Oz is finally in and installed! It's not exactly what I was expecting.. But we'll make it work.

3. New Poem:
Help me to know
That your really there.
And help me to see
That you really care.
Further my understanding
In all that I say and do.
Help me to know
You love me too.

Help me in finding truth
From everything I've come to know.
Help me to apply it daily
So that towards you, I can grow.
I know you are there,
Oh Savior of mine,
And sorry it has taken me so long
To finally snap into line
I love you, my dear friend.
And I know what you have done is true.
There is no doubt in my mind;
You love me too.

Love, Hunter Bug

6 comments:

  1. #1...look for a check in the mail from me, I may not be close enough to donate cans, but I can send some $ for you to buy more cans...will that work?

    #2...exciting! have fun!

    #3...another beautiful work of art, you have a gift Ms.Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hyperventilating just thinking about all this!!
    You have become quite the poet...maybe you should send some of these to the New Era...
    we'll just put that on your list of things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl...I have make-up on before 8 am and now I need to re-apply!! Beautiful poem.

    I will send you some money for a donation. You are so good to take on this sweet work!! Luv U..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make sure to drop a bag by our house - we would love to help!!

    ReplyDelete

G-rated comments are welcome. If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all.