Monday, January 12, 2009

A Couple Tributes








So today being January 12th, marks one month to the day. And suprisingly... no harsh feelings. I had a pretty cool dream the other night about Megan... and honestly that's probably brought a close to MOST of the sulking. My wonderful aunt Melanie wrote this to me.


One thought comes to mind, from the book "Left to Tell"...When she went back to visit her lost home, she saw her parents and siblings standing above the ruins letting her know how much they love her and that she needed to know how happy they were. They told her to basically (don't remember the words just the feelings I had), to be happy for they had work to do. They would be there for her, but wanted her to be happy for them, so they could move forward in the Lords work.Your sweet friend will always be apart of your life and at many times of it be there with you. I know that the most important part of death, is to grieve. The tears will lessen, the sorrow will slowly leave. That's the Lords tender mercy on us left on earth to live our test and purpose. It is good you are expressing yourself...for it brings healing. Hold her in your heart, in a very special place..for that is what she is doing in heaven for you. You are a blessing to all around you bug.


I could not have said it better myself! And that's pretty much what my dream implied also! I am completely surrounded by wonderful angels whom I am so grateful for.. She didn't leave me empty handed. :)


*Side note* If you have not read the book my Aunt refers to, "Left to Tell", you need to! I know.. its a book.. but it causes you to look at life in a totally new perspective, and draw closer to the Lord. It's great! Thanks for that too Mellie! :)


ALSO!!!! I have another tribute!




Tomorrow will be Januray 13th.. marking the 2 years since our dear friend Janelle Tebbs died of cancer. We still love her a bunch and continue to miss her dearly!! But we know that she's up there with Megan watching over us and helping us out.

Its lightly snowing outside and kinda icy.. so I'm going throw this out there. (and I know I always say it). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.. even if you don't live in Missouri.. BE SAFE IN YOUR TRAVELS!

I love and miss you all! Stay sweet! :)

Love, Hunter Bug

5 comments:

  1. Perfect!!! <33333 Stephanie got a blessing from my daddy on Saturday night and it talked about how Megan is doing really good and that we shouldn't worry about her anymore. IT WAS AWESOME! I don't know if I've ever heard a blessing actually mention someone's name before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been so blessed to have known both Megan and Janelle. I never thought I would ever find peace in Janelle's passing and now two years have passed. I still think of her everyday and miss her but the pain isn't sharp like it once was. It does feel better having a knowledge of the Plan...it makes it bearable. I believe the youth have learned more of the Plan more in the last month than you could have ever learned in years of seminary or sunday school. I'm grateful for your testimony. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey cutie, thanks for all the cute comments, and I love reading your blog...what a good sweet girl you are....Heavenly Father loves you, and it is so apparent in your countanence (sp?) that you love him too. You are a great example to all of us....love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked your comment on Tanya's blog so much, that I had to check out your blog. The comment about Collin's cell-phone, and your suggestion for him to check it in in the evening... What a great idea, but what I loved even more is that it came from a teenager that is obviously VERY smart and probably a bit more emotionally mature than some of her counterparts. I love smart teenagers (I kinda like the not-so-smart ones too). Anyway, kudos to you for sharing a great idea and more than likely being a wonderful example to your peers. Also, was VERY touched by your posts, poetry, and the recent tough times you have experienced. Good luck with all that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such good friends in all your lives!! Sweetie you are...hugs!

    ReplyDelete

G-rated comments are welcome. If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all.